Pages

June 26, 2011

Lint Art

Doing the laundry and the dishes are probably my least favorite chores in life.  Don't ask me why...But, had I realized the beauty behind dryer lint, I might have had a different attitude, to laundry anyway.

Laura Bell from Roscommon, Michigan took laundry to a whole new art form....literally!  She spent 7 months gathering lint and 3 months creating Leonardo da Vinci's "The Last Supper", which was then snatched up by Ripley's Museum for $12,000.00.


Check out the story as reported by CBS News

So, by seeing the mundane as marvelous, everyday tasks can become a thing of beauty.


Now if I can just look at stuck-on-food favorably, I might be able to sell a new version of Degas' "The Absinth Drinkers"...


                 
Dirt
to Degas








   

No comments:

Post a Comment